How we may use your information
In addition to using your information to fulfil our contract to provide you with requested products or services, we may also use your information in the following ways:
We may disclose your personal information to:
- To monitor and improve our products, services and website
- To provide information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or that we feel may be on interest to you
- To notify you of changes to our products and services
- To send you our newsletter
- To administer the website
- Third parties that support us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems, such as cloud based software as a service providers.
- Third parties that support our marketing activities
- Law enforcement or other government/regulatory agencies if we are required to by law
The basis on which we collect your information
We collect much of your information on the grounds of:
- Legitimate interests (for example, to send you direct marketing about products and services similar to those you have purchased from us or negotiated or enquired about, or to help us administer the Website); and
- Fulfilment of a contract with you (for example, to provide you with products or services you have purchased from us).
If we’re unable to rely on legitimate interests, fulfilment of a contract, or other grounds set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to process your personal data, we will obtain consent from you. This will be the case, for example, if you download a whitepaper from us and we would like to send your communications about other products or services. If you give us consent you can withdraw it at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link within our marketing emails, or by emailing GDPR@eagleeye.com
We will hold your personal data as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or service, for any retention period that is required by law or until the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of our services.
Individuals’ rights and how to exercise them
You have certain rights over your personal data and when acting as a data controller we are responsible for fulfilling these rights. Further information about your rights are outlined below:
Access to personal data
You have a right of access to personal data held by us as a data controller. This right may be exercised by emailing us at GDPR@EagleEye.com
. We will aim to respond to any requests within one calendar month. If we need further information to comply with your request we will let you know.
Rectification of personal data
If you believe personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify that information. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it, unless we don’t feel it’s appropriate for us to do so in which case we’ll let you know why.
Other data subject rights
This privacy statement is intended to provide information about what personal data we collect about you and how it is used. As well as rights of access and amendment referred to above, individuals may have other rights in relation to the personal data we hold, such as a right to erasure/deletion, to restrict or object to our processing of personal data and the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to GDPR@eagleeye.com
Changes to how we process personal data
We may change how we process personal data. If we make significant changes we will make that clear on our website, or by some other means such as email, so that you are able to review the changes.
If you want to complain about how we have used your personal data please send an email to GDPR@eagleeye.com
. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s Data Protection Regulator. Please visit their website for further information: www.ico.org.uk